Importing existing Elasto Mania data to Steam
This page explains how to import the data (save file, replays, custom levels, etc.) of your existing Elasto Mania installation to Steam. The data can come from any version of Elasto Mania, including the Shareware version.
Locating your existing data
To get to your existing data, you need to find your original installation folder.
For the full (registered) version of the game, this can be in the following folders:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ElastoMania111r
- C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\ElastoMania111r
(replace User with your Windows username)
Find a file named state.dat and folders named
Locating your Steam data folder
To get to your Steam data folder:
- Open Steam
- Make sure Elasto Mania is installed in Steam
- Find the game's item in your game browser
- Right-click the item
- Click Manage
- Click Browse local files
- In the opened folder, look for a subfolder called player. If it's not present, create it. Then enter this subfolder. You should see it among these folders:
Copying over your data
Copy the files and folders from your old installation to the player folder.
After copying the files, remove the Default.lgr file from the lgr folder in your player folder.